Updates for Team Members
Direct questions to email@example.com or call (520) 878.2777.
For press inquiries, call (847) 868.5930.
As we navigate through these unprecedented times, we want you to know that we’re here for you. Mather’s most important priority is to protect residents and staff.
We will communicate new information regularly as it becomes available. Here you will find resources, updates, and more—check back to this page often. If you have questions, please ask your supervisor, executive director, or HR representative.
November 26, 2020
We have learned of 13 employees and residents who have tested positive for COVID-19. Today’s update is in addition to the cases reported on November 20. The new cases include:
- 1 Independent Living resident
- 4 employees who work in Independent Living
- 3 Sonora residents
- 5 employees who work in Sonora
We understand this is not the news anyone wanted to receive. Please be assured that our top priority is the health and safety of residents and employees through this worldwide pandemic. Our main goal is to identify and isolate employees and residents with symptoms and positive cases in order to minimize and prevent further spread.
Splendido is interviewing each of these individuals to determine if they were in close contact with residents and/or employees (meaning within 6 feet of anyone for more than 15 minutes). As with past cases, we will notify anyone who was in close contact by phone.
As we all celebrate a most unusual Thanksgiving today, we are grateful to everyone in Splendido for doing your part to help keep us all safe. Please be assured that we continue to follow procedures to protect residents and staff:
- Routine testing in Sonora: We’ll continue surveillance testing of residents and employees in Sonora twice a week, until we have achieved 14 days without a positive test result.
- Cleaning & sanitation controls: In addition to regular cleaning, our housekeeping team cleans and disinfects high-touch areas in Sonora. In addition to these strong infection control practices, we had a national company sanitize and deep clean high-touch areas.
- Staff are wearing PPE: Employees who provide care in Sonora wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including a mask, gloves, goggles or a shield, and a gown.
- Health screenings: Employees undergo a health screening and temperature check before they begin their shift at Splendido. In Sonora, staff are screened twice per shift for temperature changes and symptoms and residents are screened twice per shift for temperature, respiratory status, and oxygen levels.
- COVID-19 task force: The interdisciplinary task force of Mather senior leadership continues to meet regularly to implement proactive, decisive actions and discuss new protocols, policies, and procedures for implementation. The group closely monitors the Center for Disease Control’s recommendations, as well as those from state and local health agencies.
Please take care, stay well, and enjoy your Thanksgiving.
PLEASE SELF MONITOR FOR COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should contact your physician for guidance, stay in your home, and notify your supervisor or Human Resources. Symptoms include a loss of taste or smell, cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, headache, chills, muscle pain, pink eye, eye pain, vertigo, discoloration of the toes, and gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.
COVID-19 Update: November 20, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 18, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 16, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 14, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 13, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 12, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 10, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 8, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 5, 2020
COVID-19 Update: November 2, 2020
COVID-19 Update: October 30, 2020
COVID-19 Update: October 1, 2020
COVID-19 Update: September 10, 2020
COVID-19 Update: July 2, 2020
COVID-19 Update: June 29, 2020
COVID-19 Update: June 24, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 20, 2020
COVID-19 Update: May 4, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 27, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 22, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 15, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 7, 2020
COVID-19 Update: April 4, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 31, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 30, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 23,2020
COVID-19 Update: March 16, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 12, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 10, 2020
COVID-19 Update: March 3, 2020