Let’s live with confidence
Discover why a Life Plan Community is where you should be
Splendido is a Life Plan Community (formerly called a Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC) for those 55 and better, where comprehensive wellness programs, services and amenities, and predictable monthly costs come together to make the adventure of aging a more rewarding one.
The Value of Planning Ahead
Splendido is an all-inclusive destination known as a Life Plan Community (formerly called a Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC).
Simply put, Life Plan Communities are retirement communities with an important added benefit: a continuum of care, because you have planned ahead in terms of access to additional services and the cost of long-term care. Think of it as peace of mind, should your health care needs change somewhere along the way. In other words, your decision to live at Splendido includes a plan for someday, as well as a plan for every day.
How it works financially
When you choose a Life Plan Community like Splendido, you will pay an Entrance Fee, which can also be considered an investment because Life Plan Communities allow you, your estate, and/or your family to gain back a large percentage of this fee. At Splendido, we offer various refund options for your one-time Entrance Fee*, including 90%, 80%, 50%, and 0%, allowing you to select a program and price that best suits your needs. The refundable portion of your Entrance Fee is guaranteed to be returned to you or your estate within a maximum of 120 days.
An agreement between you and a Life Plan Community assures you that you will have a residence and—should you ever need it—access to assisted living, memory support, rehabilitation, and Medicare-certified skilled nursing. Costs for higher levels of care are determined by a preselected care plan—at Splendido we have a 90-Day Plan and a Life Care Plan.
* Entrance Fee program is subject to change. Not all refund levels are available on every home.
Financial security and peace of mind
We don’t have a crystal ball. However, wouldn’t it be comforting to know that in the years ahead:
- You have a plan in place, and you’ll continue to be in control of your lifestyle—no matter what happens?
- You won’t be a burden to family or friends because of unexpected health or financial issues?
- If you do experience health issues, you’ve already made plans to receive quality care?
- You’ve avoided the worry about unexpected changes in living expenses and health care?
Ultimately, financial security and peace of mind are the big advantages of Life Plan Communities. But beyond that, research has demonstrated that these retirement communities:
- Promote a dynamic lifestyle
- Support social involvement
- Help ensure proper health care
- Provide good nutrition
What’s more, in a national survey conducted by Mather Institute, family members of residents living in Life Plan Communities (known at the time as Continuing Care Retirement Communities) were asked about their own retirement plans and desires for the future.
The results were overwhelmingly positive, with 74% of respondents stating that they were interested in living at a Life Plan Community in the future and would recommend Life Plan Communities to others because of their family’s positive experience.
While some people feel that moving to a “retirement community” is something you need to do, people who move to Splendido are moving here because they want to! And, quite honestly, one visit is all it takes to see why. Splendido transcends the typical Life Plan Community experience in countless everyday ways. You can read about many of them here, but some you have to experience for yourself.
Levels of care—what’s available to me if I need it?
A Life Plan Community includes independent living, assisted living, memory support, Medicare-certified skilled nursing, and rehabilitation services. The agreement you enter into with a Life Plan Community addresses the costs of various levels of care, providing lifetime protection for a predictable cost.
Does Where You Live Impact How You Age? Research Says Yes!
Compared to demographically similar older adults, Life Plan Community residents report:
- greater satisfaction with life
- more physical activity
- increased personal connections
- better self-reported health and fewer chronic conditions
Source: Mather Institute, The Age Well Study Report, 2018, TheAgeWellStudy.com. The Institute is part of Mather, the not-for-profit parent company to Splendido.
Is a Life Plan Community for me?
The questions to ask
With the benefits we’ve mentioned, a Life Plan Community is an option worth looking into. Here are some questions you should ask while researching any Life Plan Community, including Splendido:
- What services are included in the monthly service fee?
- How much are the monthly fees adjusted if more services or care are required?
- What is the Life Plan Community’s history of monthly fee increases?
- What happens if the fee increase is greater than the ability to pay?
- Is the entrance fee refundable and if so, how much and when?
- Who manages or owns the Life Plan Community and what is their experience and reputation?
- What types of employee training programs are implemented?
- Is there a resident handbook outlining policies?
- Is there a residents’ association and how does it function?
Discover life at Splendido
with photos, floor plans, and more
- Get an inside look at our Life Plan Community
- Review the monthly cost calculator
- Explore Terrace and Villa Home floor plans
Upon submission, you will instantly receive the guide and get a copy in your email.